Calculate surface per class?

I have a model with mass models and a landscape. For the mass model I've made an entire worksheet that gives me a lot of information instantly.

Now I'm trying to find a way to do kind of the same thing for the landscape.

I have made several classes ( private green, public green, water, hard surface,...) all in the same layer (landscape).

I was wondering of it's possible to make a worksheet that gives me in one column the name of the class and in the other column the entire surface of all the polygons in that class?

Thanks in advance!

What kind of objects do you have in your different classes?

If they are just polygons then what you want is relatively easy. If these instructions are not enough post a small sample file and I will see if I can send you back a working worksheet.

In a blank worksheet, right click in a row header (1 ,2 ,3, etc. I usually start with 3 in case I want to go back and add information above later) and set it to be a Database Row. When the criteria dialog opens, Set the criteria to be Layer Is  landscape and a second Criteria of Type is Polygon.

Select cell A3 and type a formula of =C  This will give you the name of the Class of each object in the database.

Select Cell B3 and type a formula of =Area()  This will give you the area of each object.

Select any row in the database (3.1, 3.2, etc.) and then drag the SUM tile down to the Column A column Header. The database should now compact and you should have one row for each Class. Next to it in column B should be the total area.

Hope this gets you started.

• Like 1