Andy Broomell

Auto Hybrid Separate Cross Sections

Question

When you create a Section Viewport there is a checkbox for "Separate Cross Sections." Why don't Auto Hybrids have this option? They always combine all of the solids into one 2D shape, and it's one of a few factors that cause me to avoid Auto Hybrids. Here's an example where the merging of the various extrudes makes it much less informational. I need to be able to create the upper object with an Auto Hybrid.

AH-SeparateCrossSections.jpg

6 answers to this question

Just now, Kevin McAllister said:

Both options please, just like a section viewport.

KM

Yes - should be a checkbox :)

18 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Yes - should be a checkbox :)

Better still use the section viewport checkbox so we don't need to hunt multiply places to find why it hasn't worked. 

• Like 1

hi,

this please!

... and i would like to have a visual and snapable cut area, combined with the option from which direction i want

to see mit auto hybrid object, not always from the top as it is now. sometimes it could be useful to have a auto hybrid view

from the front-, left-, right- or backside.

vw should automatically create classes for the "above" and "behind" lines, if you don't have them in.

vw can create a new class for a cut, why not create new classes by an auto hybrid!?

Urgh. Today I found myself thinking "oh this is a perfect time to use an Auto Hybrid" ....until I was reminded they don't do what they should.

Some simple flats with sliding doors:

5a8f047487c07_ScreenShot2018-02-22at9_56_36AM.thumb.png.a34664749dbb82272131cabd8d3c2343.png

Looks like a fat mess. :-/

PLEASE allow an option for separate cross sections :)