Nomad (VW cloud services) 3D models failing to generate.

line-weight

Question

I repeatedly have the problem that I place a VWX file in my cloud services folder, but it fails to generate a 3D model for viewing in the Nomad app.

The file is there in the Nomad app, but says "3D project Not Generated".

I press the recycle symbol, it tells me I need to process the file to view in Nomad, Would I like to process the file. I press Yes, it tells me it's been submitted for 3D model generation.

Then it shows as "Processing for 3D viewing" for a while, before reverting back to "3D project Not Generated". Trying again gives the same result.

Sometimes I'll upload something and it'll work, but I can't work out anything particularly different about the files that succeed.

Is there anything I can do to files in preparation, to make success more likely?

This feature is very useful for sharing with clients and for presentations but it's not much good if it doesn't work reliably.

Edited by line-weight

4 answers to this question

Ok, so in case it's useful to anyone else this was solved with some help from my local distributor.

The issue seems to be that the clip cube was turned on in the files that failed to generate a 3d model. Opening the file, turning off the clip cube and re-saving solved the issue.

I'm not sure why the clip cube was on in the first place, I didn't do it intentionally. I have a feeling there is a minor bug somewhere that turns on the clip cube, sometimes I find myself in a view with it turned on unexpectedly, although it's hard to remember the exact circumstances when this happens. Will try and take a note of it in the future.