Hatch in "door" symbol does not show

frv

Hi, 

I have a problem with duplicated doors that are set in walls. Hatched doors loose their hatch in a clip cube viewport on a sheetlayer.

When I just click one door in a wall then all is fine. But as soon as I duplicate the door using the duplicate symbol tool the hatch dissapears.

Am I right to understand you can only duplicate doors clipped in walls as symbols ? 

Hope anyone can help.

Modeling in 3D is fine but the process of getting proper 2D floorplans and sections drives me mad. I often spend hours going through all the overriding texture & attribute settings. Often I just give up and edit the annotation to get what I need.I wonder really if this all is part of BIM or me or Vectorworks. Is it really necessary to have so many options without any clue which one sets the actual atribute or texture at your sheet.

Francois

I found out that putting the viewport in top plan mode the hatch shows up foor doors. But then I loose the hatch for all solid walls and elements that are not drawn as walls.

Is there a way to combine top plan view with a section cut at about 1 meter above the finished floor for example.

tx Francois