Wall Style Help

Dubman

I'm using the wall style Ext-2x6-Wood-Siding wall. Wall #1 is a 9'-1 1/2" ht. wall. Adjoining Wall #2, top of wall is same elevation, 9'-1 1/2" ht. and the bottom is lowered 4" and the sheathing & siding is lowered more to align with a lower stud wall to the right. Problem I'm having is to align the siding between these two walls. The only way I can get Wall #2 lowered siding & sheathing to abut the foundation of Wall #1 is not to join these two walls as you can see in the attached plan image, I had to use an interior 6" wall, Wall #3 between these two walls. If I join Walls #1 & #2, the extended sheathing & siding of wall #2 has a diagonal cut from the diagonal joining of these walls, which is not correct visually & can not figure out how to correct these two components in Wall #2. If I join Walls #1 & #2 how so I make the sheathing & siding of wall #2 abut the wall stud line of Wall #1?

I know it is a small detail, but it is not visually correct in the model & seems like there should be a way to do it that I can not see.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Walls Joining Isometric.jpg

Walls Joining Plan.jpg

Edited by Dubman
Guest Wes Gardner

How about this...

Click on a wall to make it active then in the OIP, go to the Render tab, at the bottom select "Use World Z For Origin"

Wes

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 4.32.27 PM.png

Edited by Wes Gardner
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi All,

I'm not exactly sure when that little goody was added, I can find out if you'd like, but definitely for 2017, if textures aren't working between layers (misalignment), check there first.  I'll have to run a test to see if you can "make it stick" (as in saving it as a preference or in the wall style) or do you have to check each wall in the project.  I'll get back to you...

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi All,

An update on the "Use World Z for Origin"  Apparently, this has been around for sometime...one of the issues that you'll find is that it seems to work just fine on horizontally oriented textures (and their associated surfaces hatches if you've included one) like clapboard siding, however, on board and batten, nope, it only "justifies" in the "Z" direction...I'll be looking into this further.

Wes