Window ID _turn off in schedule

Hi Knowledgable ones. 

How do I turn off the window ID in a window schedule. They are appearing in the middle of the windows. I know I said I wanted them when I set up the schedule....because they are appearing as a circle without the window number they're now annoying me. 

Also, I would like to do a mullion offset 300mm from the head of the window and then that top pane divided equally into three panes. Can I do this in windoor for the schedule? I seem to only be able to do spaced bars. all over the top pane, not just a section of the pane. Is for a heritage style house. 

Thanks!

Hello Sarah,

Select the window and then in the OIP, scroll down to the 'ID Tag' section and deselect "On Schedule"  (see attached graphic).

You can also relocate the tag (so it's not right in the middle of your window) by selecting the window and dragging the control point in the center of the tag to a new location.

We don't have Windoor here in the states, so I can't help you there, but you could achieve that through the "custom" window setting.  You would set up two rows of windows and assign the 300mm value to the upper window.  Then you can assign muntins to that window only ... Or you could use a transom for the upper window (muntins can be assigned separately to transoms than to the main window)  ... There are lots of options.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 10.39.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 10.41.30 AM.png

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey All,

I think, above all, that you want to place the tag in a CLASS, then in the viewports, you can turn that CLASS on or off (or have it appear on the elevations).  Keep the windows "On Schedule" and just physically turn the tag off with its CLASS. Incidentally, if you do not have your window or door set to "On Schedule" you will not see it/them when you run your door/window schedules.

I am a big proponent of CLASSING EVERYTHING so that you will ultimately have control of various items in your viewports.  This includes line weight, hatch, etc.

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

I am with Wes on this.

In 2017 you can start with window and door styles where you have all the classes set up in your object style. Then you can convert it to an unstyled object. In earlier versions of Vectorworks, create a symbol and choose the option to convert to Plug-in Object. That way you can quickly import the symbol from your library and it has most of the settings you need (saves so much time).