OpenGL Viewport Blurry

Ken White

Question

For some reason when I render some objects in a viewport using OpenGL, the objects are rendered in a blurry low-resolution mode. I have tried a variety of settings, but cannot seem to fix the problem - what am I missing.

For reference, I am attaching two images. The clean one, is of the object as it appears on a design layer rendered in OpenGL, the second is as the image appears on a Sheet Layer in a viewport rendered using OpenGL.

Design Layer.png

Sheet Layer Viewport.png

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That is normally the DPI (dots per inch) setting for the sheet layer that the viewport is on. Go to Tools > Organization > Sheet Layers and select the sheet layer, then make sure its DPI isn't at the default 72, normally if you're fitting the viewport to a normal page size you can use 150 - 300 without issue. 

If your viewport is much larger or smaller than the page this can affect the end DPI as well, since the viewport will take up more or fewer page inches at different scales. I explain this in more detail here:

• Like 1

Related question - re. viewports in 300 dpi sheets and model appearing in design layers with maximum OpenGL quality selected

Attached images show curving geo looking good+smooth in the model, and appearing segmented + chunky in plan, 2D on the sheet layer despite 300 dpi and max render quality selected, both open GL. Cannot seem to find an explanation for this - - - can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.32.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 9.15.46 AM.png

Hi Jim - 

Yes same segmentation appears after exporting to PDF.

I have every resolution setting I can find maxed-out highest quality. Still cannot achieve a smooth curve for the modeled part appearing in plan in open GL. See attached viewport/sheet settings. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 11.24.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 11.25.37 AM.png

Edited by Jordan