Messy road curb

Christiaan

If you explode the NURBS and look at each surface, each one appears relatively smooth except the Site Modifier Poly.

What appears to be happening is that the vertices of the Nurbs surface for the sides and top of the curb at at different locations. That makes them slightly offset near the vertices.

Definitely worth filing a bug on. Easily reproducible.

• Like 1

On a related note. Similar issue. I thought send to surface meant send it to the surface, not below it when I'm too lazy to send it all the way. 3d res set to very high as is open gl. stations have been sent to surface. Why doesn't this stuff just work?  

Operator failure or outdated code?

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.46.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.48.53 AM.png

After following this for a while it brings me to my wish list item. GeoPack and Civil 3D have vertical curve tools. Why can't we have a the same. There is nothing like having a nice parabolic vertical curve on your roads. I'm going to show my age here by saying that we used to do this by hand when I was working in Pennsylvania and we did horizontal and vertical curve alignments. I've started to kick this around and I feel like there should be a script for this. Anyone have thoughts on this?