How do I remove white background on plant tags?

Entire Leaves

Question

So my plant tags have an annoying white background fill box that I would love to remove. For the life of me I can not figure out how to do it though and it is frustrating me that something so obvious should be so difficult. I know in an older version of VW I had sorted this out in my preferences and it was set up in my default template. I should just be able to go to text and there should be a place to uncheck backgrounds but there is nothing. If I go into resource manager I can edit different saved text styles to have no background by simply unchecking the background text but how do I get this to translate to plant label tags? 

Included an image below. I want those white boxes gone so the tags just float over the blue background without any visible box surrounding them. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 5.40.11 PM.png

2 answers to this question

Hmmm...weird. So in the image above that you linked the area that says "Fill - style = solid" is the white background? So change that to style = none? 

Now my problem seems to be that my plant tags are not actually registering as tags. If I try to change the visibility of plant tags in the Navigation Box to invisible they don't change. So perhaps the problem is that my plant tags are not properly coming up as plant tags. How on earth did this happen and how do I change it?