Cabinetry in circular buildings

sww1235

Hello All:

I am working on a building with completely circular walls. I want to have the kitchen partially on the interior of the curved exterior wall, however none of the PIO cabinetry tools appear to snap correctly to curved walls. 

Is there anything recommended for this situation? I have looked at the InteriorCAD plugin but cannot tell if it would work in this situation.

Or should I just brush off the basic 3D modeling tools and create loads of custom symbols.

I would like to have all the reporting tools available so I would like to use the PIO tools if they can be made to work.

Thank you

I would use the cabinet plug ins, but not even try to insert them into walls. I would place them manually, very carefully. If you consider how it will be done in the real world, chances are very good that normal rectangular boxes will be used (unless you have a really huge budget). So I would pretend to be a cabinet installer right in VW's World.

• Like 1
Guest Wes Gardner

I agree with Peter.  Here's a plan that has some curved walls (the peninsula and island) where the cabinets were placed (not inserted into walls).  For the "inside curve" at the peninsula, I used standard cabinet boxes, for the "outside curve" at the island, I used cabinet fronts and built the boxes from plywood.

Keep in mind, on the inside curves, you can only open one drawer at a time (or at least with drawers that are adjacent to one another!)

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 12.04.01 PM.png

Edited by Wes Gardner