Resource Manager Search Issue

Andy Broomell

Question

I've noticed lately that after working in Vectorworks for a while, the search function in the Resource Manager only shows results from open files and favorites, even though "Everywhere" is selected in the Search dropdown. Why does it stop accessing library files? If I restart Vectorworks it searches properly, but after a while it's back to only searching open files and favorites. It's been across multiple unrelated files, and has come up a few times over the last few weeks...

Has anyone else experienced this?

8 answers to this question

It's not working for me either. It was one of the best features they added too. It used to work. I don't when it stopped working correctly. But you are right, I restarted VectorWorks and it worked again. Wonder how long it will last before I need to restart it again.

I'm finding that after system upgrade to Sierra (MacOS 10.12.xx) several search functions went bad - Mail, general finder searches, etc.  Might also affect the Resource Mgr? Not sure if vwx searches are linked to system search functions.

I think the answer, at least for system search, is to rebuild/reindex the app library, or the whole SSD or HD.  Not exactly sure how to do that, but web search did yield a Terminal/sudo command to force a system reindex.  I didn't try because it showed expected reindex of many hours.

Rebuilding my mailboxes helped some for Apple Mail search. Select a mailbox then Main Menu>Mailbox>Rebuild (bottom of the list in this dropdown).

HTH

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
clarify
On 2/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, Benson Shaw said:

'm finding that after system upgrade to Sierra (MacOS 10.12.xx) several search functions went bad - Mail, general finder searches, etc.  Might also affect the Resource Mgr? Not sure if vwx searches are linked to system search functions.

Still on El Captain here and the RM search is broken