Creating Site model from 2d Polygon converted to Polygon 3D

I have a  question about the way Site Models are created.

I started creating the site model using the  Survey input  tool  2D poly to 3D Contour.  But I find this very combersome and started using the  MOdify>Convert>3D Poly good tool.

I notice that the first created the 3D Poly but leaves a copy of the 2D Polygon.  

Can I continue without problems even  if I change to 3D Poly from combining both methods?   

@Jose E. CalderonIf you are going to use polygons use 3D polygons and place the z height in as you draw. then just select all the polygons and go AEC/Terrain/Create Site model and it creates it all at once, select say Proposed only and 3D Mesh Solid. I gave up on the other little program ages ago.

Youi can also use 3DLocus and set the Z valuse and then select all at once and same.

HTH

• Like 1

As a note, the 2d Poly to 3d Contour command will begin with the first created (or first placed, or pasted) Poly and proceed in order of creation. There are a few ways to re-order the Polys, and if they are not correctly ordered it can cause headaches. I often use data from surveyors, usually in the form of 2d Polys. Since most of the sites I work on are fairly small, it's not a big deal to convert to 3d Polys and then manually assign Z values to each (and double check!). Then, I use the Create Site Model, as Alan describes.

• Like 1