Layer link with Project 2D objects checked is slow to redraw

I use layer links a lot and I find it necessary to draw over the layer-link rather than the linked layer. I got very good at what I do using VW 9.5, but ever since we have upgraded to 10.X I have had problems with the continual re-draw of the layer-links (when the "project 2d objects" option is selected). Every move - nudge or anything you do causes the layer link to redraw. This is very disappointing. I get very discouraged from working. I am not the type of person that can go slow. And 10.5 is slow. We need and upgrade fast. Try this exercise. Create a layer link of a plan with the "project 2d" on and then draw a rectangle over part of the plan. Zoom in close enough to fit a couple of doors on the screen and the edge of your rectangle. Make sure the rectangle crosses part of the layer-link. Then nudge the rectangle. You will see the speed issue I speak of. This is not an issue in 9.5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by David Hamer:

ever since we have upgraded to 10.X I have had problems with the continual re-draw of the layer-links (when the "project 2d objects" option is selected).

You'll probably get the best results if you can make a sample file and attach it to an e-mail you send to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net. You might want to include a text description of the problem both in the e-mail and in the VectorWorks document to make it absolutely clear.