customizing window and door schdeules

Andrew Mac

Is it possible to create new columns in the window schedule?  After I created my window and door schedule, I would like to add some additional columns, which I can and I can add a header - However, when trying to add info in the corresponding window/door row, I can't add information.  Is there a way to add my own info

Edited by Mac B Designs

In a database, every cell has to be a formula. That formula can be a property of the object (=Area, =C [gives the class of the object], =L [gives the layers of the object]); it can be a true numeric formula (=Area * 1.75/3), or it can be a reference to a record field (=Window.Width).

If you want to add data that is not associated with the fields that belong to the object, you will either have to use a field in the Window record that is not already being used (=window.UsrFld1) or attach your own record definition and store the data there.

If you create a record named MyRecord with fields of MyInteger, and MyText 1, and attach it to a window, you can add those field to the Window schedule by using the formulas =MyRecord.MyInteger and =MyRecord.'MyText 1'   Note the Quote marks around 'MyText 1' They are required anywhere that there is a space in a record or field name.

Ask back if you need more information.

• 4 months later...

If you only need a few additional fields you can use the user fields included in the window record format.  The database call is ='Window'.'UserFld1' through ='Window'.'UserFld10'

If you want to attach another record format just select all the windows using the magic wand and attach the new record format in the OIP.

hth

mk

So there is no way to add fields through the SDK in SDK tools?  In the older style PIOs, it is easy to add parameters, which work as additional fields, by using the Plug-in Manager.  So for example, if you want to add a new parameter to Base Cabinet, you can easily add it by adding a new field under the Parameters tab in Plug-in Manager.  In newer tools, like Door, Space Object and many others, there is no ability to add parameters, or for that matter, to modify the default class.

No, it is not possible to add field to PIOs that are written using the SDK (unless you are the author).

If you find after you have a bunch of objects already placed in the drawing you can do a multiple selection and add the Record to all of them at the same time. Custom Selection or the Select Similar tool may help with this.