Recent File List

Donald Wardlaw

Question

5 answers to this question

If I switch to a standard workspace, like "Architect" I see all the recent files.

If I edit my custom workspace first by removing the "Recent Files" command, saving workspace, editing workspace to add "Recent Files" command, I still see only a list of 20 numbers, and no files.

VW knows the recent files but will not display them in my workspace.

Did not have this problem in 2016.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

After editing that workspace, then opening and saving a few files, does it populate the list with those files or remain empty?

I am unable to replicate this is a test custom workspace here, removing the list removes it and when I add it back, the same 20 items appear in the list as they did before the edit.

If you edit one of the default workspaces in this manner, does the same problem occur?

I just installed/upgraded to 2017 and have the same issue.  I have a custom workspace I have created and attempted to delete and re-add the 'recent files' option.  Just numbers, no names of files.  HOWEVER,  If I select '1' it does indeed open the last file I opened.  So I guess the bug is that the file names are not appearing/registering.  Any idea how to fix this or if VW is working on a patch?