Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

How to stop Marionette Object Node regenerating on move?

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I looked at your book script more than impressive; you do know how to use the lists.

About the Marionette object, I am using the symbols to move faster.

I transform my Marionette object into a parametric symbol and this is what I use in the plans. Of course first I make a symbol of the script (thanks webinar) and this is what I put in my plan. If I know I have to move the object often, I copy an ungroup the object (loosing the Marionette properties), and make a symbol, not parametric of course, with the same name. This is the object I move until I find its place. I wait to change the properties until the last moment or if I know I wont move it again. Then I replace by the parametric symbol and ungroup it to transform it again into a parametric object.

I seems a long journey for a little result, but when you have time for a coffee between each move because 20 marionette objects are moving in a zoom, it worth the gymnastic.

@the frogHi, this is an ongoing issue as I understand, The only way I have found to stop it from changing all the textures was to make it a Symbol. See attached. Pull the Marionette object out of the wall and textures change but the symbol stays constant. Once out the textures don't change, It always used to change, now it doesn't, not sure why. Maybe some has solved it? HTH.

Post_Box-03_v2017_(2).zip

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
13 hours ago, the frog said:

hello

I looked at your book script more than impressive; you do know how to use the lists.

About the Marionette object, I am using the symbols to move faster.

I transform my Marionette object into a parametric symbol and this is what I use in the plans. Of course first I make a symbol of the script (thanks webinar) and this is what I put in my plan. If I know I have to move the object often, I copy an ungroup the object (loosing the Marionette properties), and make a symbol, not parametric of course, with the same name. This is the object I move until I find its place. I wait to change the properties until the last moment or if I know I wont move it again. Then I replace by the parametric symbol and ungroup it to transform it again into a parametric object.

I seems a long journey for a little result, but when you have time for a coffee between each move because 20 marionette objects are moving in a zoom, it worth the gymnastic.

Thanks, I'll try that. Actually, it is not only moving/duplicating the Marionettes that is taking a long time but also placing them as red symbols in the first place. I have logged a bug with Vectorworks. Let's see if there is a solution.

• 3 months later...