Render Tile

ThreeDot

If you are asking about 'Tile Fills', they are 2D graphics:

Quote taken from the Vw Help File:

Tile fills can be applied to any type of 2D planar or screen object that accepts a fill, including walls (wall tiles only display in Top/Plan view), text boxes, worksheet backgrounds, and plug-in objects that include a 2D object

I don't use tile fills very much, but I believe to view a tile in 3D you would need to use a Renderworks texture having a tile pattern.

Edited by rDesign
Guest Wes Gardner

Here's one...If you have a pattern or image you like, take a screen shot then bring it back in as a texture and map it onto a 3D element.

Take screen shot saving it on your desktop

Go to Resource Manager > Renderworks Textures > right click in white space in the RM > choose New Renderworks Texture

In texture editor, give it a name and choose "Image" in the Shaders pane > navigate to your image on the desktop

Now you have a texture

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.08.37 PM.png

Edited by Wes Gardner
  • 3 years later...

Hi Wes, 

I have taken your advice here and cerated a texture from an appropriate herringbone tile image. Although now I have a think line between each segment of the texture. I have played around for a while and can't find a way to remove that border/line. Any advice?

Thank you!

Carla,

for this sort of thing you would want to find a “seamless” texture. Note that many free textures online that include the name “seamless” actually are not. Ensuring that the image is properly cropped will be important as well. Unnecessary for images that are truly seamless. 

On 4/26/2020 at 7:33 PM, Carla Rose said:

Hi Wes, 

I have taken your advice here and cerated a texture from an appropriate herringbone tile image. Although now I have a think line between each segment of the texture. I have played around for a while and can't find a way to remove that border/line. Any advice?

Thank you!

You may have to manipulate the crop of the screenshot to make this work. Also, you can draw just about anything you might want in VWX (it’s vector drawing by default), screen grab it and create textures from it. I do this ALL the time. In this case it is just about creating a seamless texture. 

• Like 1