Compress JPEG / PNG images on PDF publish

Where we have to markup photos as part of a presentation, we import them into vwx as a jpeg / png as relevant, place them on the sheet layer and red line, markup annotate them etc.

The issue is when we come to PDF them, the file size is often HUGE, the most recent one with 4 c. 2mb jpegs taken from an iphone6 became a 90mb PDF when published. 

My current workflow is to then import these into Adobe acrobat and compress them, making sure the image quality is set to 150DPI, which leaves me with a file size of around 2-5mb. 

Is there a way i can get the compression to happen as part of the PDF publishing process native in VWX

---

VWX 2014. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2017 at 4:15 PM, JimW said:

What do you have the exporting PDF DPI set to in the options within the Publish dialog?

Its set to 300dpi, which i know from my graphics background is a print press ready DPI, perhaps too high for cad drawings for site issue.

Only problem is on our title block with have some company logos which are .png files, when i reduce the DPI it reduces the quality of our logos, which because they are small already and contain text and line work, begin to look bad. 

Ive got the original adobe illustrator files for the logos which i can export as a .EPS or even a .DWG, so i could import them into my title block as a vector shape. Only issue is because they contain text i fear the VWX might try and truncate the curves of some letters like O and D and make it appear jagged. Would that happen ?

Or is there another way to set the DPI settings separately for separate items ?   

---

VWX 2014

Edited by John Whyte