Customizing Window and Door Schedules

I was wondering how you customize a window or door schedule.

It seems when I create the schedule, I need to eliminate the one row where it has the total number of doors, total width, total height, etc.  Is there a way to eliminate this line or not show it.  When I try to eliminate it the whole schedule goes blank.  Also, How do I make my door numbers go from lowest number to highest number

The row with the sums is called the Database Header Row.  You can hide it by going to the Worksheet View menu and unchecking the Database Headers option.

To Sort or Sum the rows of the database (schedule), select a row in the database and then drag the SUM or Rising Bars or Decending Bars tile (they look like buttons but aren't to the Column Header (A, B, C, etc.) that you want to sort by.

The SUM tile will actually SUMMARIZE the data based on the column it is in. So if you wanted a schedule that had just one row for each width of door, you could drag the SUM tile to the width column. If you have a second column that you don't want to have the data SUMmed, drag a second SUM tile to it to "UnSum" that column.

Ask if you still have questions.

• Like 1

Works fine for me here. Do you have a complete row or rows or database header row selected? You can't have just a single cell selected, it has to be the complete row.

And just for completeness, the Database Header Row is the one without the decimal. So 3 would be a database header row, 3.1, 3.2, etc would be individual database rows.

Anything you put in the ID Tag section will show up in the ID tag on every layer it is shown.

For your purposes, you probably want to use a different field. In the Settings Dialog box, on the Data tab, there is a field named Location that seems to be just what you want. The biggest problem is that it is not easily accessible from the Object Info Palette. But since you want it on the schedule anyway, you can just edit it there.

Add a new column to your schedule where you want the Room Location to go. Show the Database Headers and enter a formula of  =door.location

Now anything you type into that database row cells will be stored in the door.location field for that object.

You will probably need to adjust the fonts and cell border formatting to make it look good.

And turn the database headers back off when you are done.