Show your Custom Workspace

Menu Items :

- rearranged (Export/Import)

- no entries deleted (so far)

Quick Tool Bar :

- 90% of available Settings pulled out

Top Bar :

- Render "long" + Layer Scale (forgot for the screenshot)

Tool Boxes :

- pulled out Working Planes + Visualization (Camera + Light Lister)

Basic Box :

- at the bottom

- reordered and sorted (Creation vs Manipulation vs Selection) 

- pulled out nested Icons

- extended with Tape Measure :) and Basic 3D Stuff

RM :

- over File Tab Bar (Else I can not see the File Name if over Top App Border)

Tool Set Box :

- Tool Set order rearranged

- Tool order rearranged

Interactive :

- cold Colors for "Editing  Modes Border" and different View Backgrounds, some Transparency changes

Screenshot.jpg

Would like to be able to pull out the UIOP Bar either as a floating Palette or docked at the bottom in a second row.

Would like to paint my own Icons.

Would like to have access for Icons of all Tools AND Commands.

Workspace organization has always been a cool feature.  What I use is an evolution of an organization that started on the 13" Sony RGB monitor.  The first thing I did was rename the menus so they were shorter because a 13" monitor did not have much left to right length.  So I have had for years menus with names like "Do", "Act", and "Neat."

For an organizational philosophy, I want to minimize mousing around (actually wacoming around) and maximize movements that creates or edits drawing elements.  This also means minimizing zooming and panning where possible.  That leads to a desire to have the most drawing real estate while minimizing the screen real estate used by pallets.  That leads to a layout where the commonly used things are visible and taking up space, and the less commonly used things are hidden, called only when needed.

That applies to menus also.  Commands which have command key equivalents are at the bottom of menus and those that do not are at a the top of menus.  So if I do go to a menu, I don't have far to drag once I get there.

On a big monitor, putting all the pallets on one side will minimize long moves between pallets.  Since I'm a lefty, I put everything on the left of the drawing window.

The main reason to have tools in a visible tool pallet is to see which tool is active.  Selecting one is normally just hitting a key.  Tools that are rarely used are either not in the pallet or are beneath a tool used often.

In the past, one of the biggest hassles of a new minicad or vectorworks release, was getting the workspace to work right.  For a while now, the VW folks have done a very good job at making that migration smooth.

The last thing I'd mention is that workspace tuning is ongoing.  Things only move in the direction of perfection, or less imperfection.

1 hour ago, Donald Wardlaw said:

So I have had for years menus with names like "Do", "Act", and "Neat."

Cool!

I think I should go with my own Tool Palettes only the next time.

1 hour ago, Donald Wardlaw said:

In the past, one of the biggest hassles of a new minicad or vectorworks release, was getting the workspace to work right.  For a while now, the VW folks have done a very good job at making that migration smooth.

That's a problem for me too. Not just in VW.

I was never successful with migrated Workspaces anywhere.

Too many problems. I do these from scratch.