Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chase

2017 Export to PDF, Mac

Question

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple setting, but I don't seem to have the export to pdf function. When I go to File>export> the drop down list does not give me the option. I have to save as an image and then open the image to save to pdf. 

I'm running on a Mac. Vectorworks 2017.

thanks.

6 answers to this question

Vectorworks 2017 Fundamentals or one of the Design series modules? Fundamentals will not have PDF Export included.

If you do have a Design series module and you still don't see it, normally it just needs to be added to your workspace via Tools > Workspaces > Workspace Editor > Menus, expand All Menus on the left and scroll down to the Export items and drag Export PDF from the left to the desired location in your workspace on the right.

Additionally, if you do have Fundamentals you can still print directly to PDF by using the built-in Mac OS X Print function: in Vectorworks go File —> Print —> Save as PDF

vw print pdf.jpg

Edited by rDesign

On 06/01/2017 at 5:39 PM, JimW said:

Vectorworks 2017 Fundamentals or one of the Design series modules? Fundamentals will not have PDF Export included.

If you do have a Design series module and you still don't see it, normally it just needs to be added to your workspace via Tools > Workspaces > Workspace Editor > Menus, expand All Menus on the left and scroll down to the Export items and drag Export PDF from the left to the desired location in your workspace on the right.

What counts as a Design Series Module? We have Fundamentans and Renderworks but still no PDF Export option?

thanks

H

Architect, Landmark, Spotlight or Designer. Fundamentals alone does not have Export PDF built in, only the Print to PDF options provided by the OS.

40 minutes ago, JimW said:

Architect, Landmark, Spotlight or Designer. Fundamentals alone does not have Export PDF built in, only the Print to PDF options provided by the OS.

OK Thank you - Is there a technical reason for this? Id have thought this is neceassary for most users, or is it to sell higher rated products?

Cheers

H

The Adobe module we use to export PDFs costs a licensing fee for each license we include it in, The design series modules along with their more advanced tools include this fee in their price.