Resource Browser still will not update in VW 2017

Mattheng

Question

Ok, Merry Christmas everyone.

This is a familiar sight I am sure to everyone using VW 2017

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 14.44.50.png

This is a familiar sight to me, and comes next, I am not sure how many other users have the same problem....

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 14.45.08.png

I have continued using VW2016 whilst installing 2 Service packs on VW 2017 and I am still getting these messages.

VW 2016 is great and I am now pretty happy with it but VW2017 does seem like a big leap forwards, plus I have paid for it, so I would really like to start using it on some designs.

I am a little reticent to do so on live deals whilst still getting error messages like the one above.. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Matt

2 answers to this question

I've just installed Vectorworks 2017 on our Macs, all running OS X 10.11.6, and had the same problem. It looks like it's just that Vectorworks wants to install its resources update into /Applications/Vectorworks 2017/Libraries, but non-admin users don't have permission to write to that folder.

I changed everything in that folder hierarchy to belong to the "staff" group and set the group permissions to allow writing, and that seems to have fixed it for now. If you're comfortable with the terminal, you could do this:

sudo chgrp -R staff /Applications/Vectorworks\ 2017/Libraries/
sudo chmod -R g+w /Applications/Vectorworks\ 2017/Libraries/

• Like 1