Greek font sigma (Σ) still appearing as (tm)

Hi all,

have been experiencing this problem since the 2008 version. Seems like it still exists in 2016.

After I have typed the greek capital S (Σ), it does appear correct in the text box but after you confirm, it appears as (tm).

This does not happen however with the lower case fonts which appear just fine. Have tried Arial, Arial Unicode, Times New Roman and a few others.

This issue has been discussed again in this thread:

Thanks in advance for any replies.

To be able to help you efficiently we would need to know what OS and version you are using — but since you linked to a previous topic regarding OS X, I'll assume you're using OS X and Vw2016.

Have you switched your OS X system Keyboard input to Greek? Pull down the Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Language & Region, then 'Keyboard Preferences' and add 'Greek' to your Input Sources.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 10.51.03 AM.jpg

Select 'Greek' as your input and you should be able to type in upper and lowercase Greek in VW.

Here's a sample test using Helvetica in text boxes on Vw2016:

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 10.49.21 AM.jpg

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

Hi again and thanks for the quick reply.

I apologise for not including my system info - it's Windows 7 on PC with Vw 2016 SP3 (301288). It seems that in a simple text box the problem does not appear but unfortunately it does with Callout Tool  and General Notes for example. I am including a relevant pic

.sigma example.jpg

Angelos

Vw 2016 SP3 Designer RW (Educational Version)

Intel i5 4570 @3.20GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon 7700 w/ 2 GB RAM