Sign in to follow this  
rDesign

New Knowledgebase: Broken Link?

Question

This might be happening because the upgrades to the Knowledgebase are too new, but this is what I get when I click on the Knowledgebase link. I'm using iOS 9 on iPad Air 2.

image.jpeg

10 answers to this question

Nope - all I see is 'No Permission'. [EDIT - link has been fixed.]

Edited by rDesign
Link now works

Made some changes, refresh and let me know please. Should be working now, I'm able to see them with my test account and while not logged in at all. (We want people to be able to search the kbase even if they don't feel like making a forum account.)

Excellent, sorry about that. The permissions structure allows for a lot of detail in who has access to what, which is great, but the system's complexity led me to accidentally override the override of my own override. :)

Thanks JimW, now I have a question about the Knowledgebase itself.

For example, when I search for articles named '2017 requirements' using either the main forum or direct Knowledgebase search, I get no results. What am I doing wrong?

This is what I get when logged in as my admin account:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 11.26.29 AM.png

This is what i get as a non-logged-in guest:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 11.28.06 AM.png

Must be a permission specific to searches I've missed. checking now. May need to rebuild the search index now that I've changed permissions for everyone which can take 10-20 min.

I just tried that same search again and I am now getting some results as expected; Hopefully rebuilding the search index fixes things. Thanks JimW.

Yup I think that did it, results are starting to show now. The reindexing should be mostly complete within 20mins or so of this post. There will be a little banner above the search results and activity streams if it's still in progress.