2017 PALLET DOCKING TO WINDOW

HEengineering

Question

7 answers to this question

Solved that one.  Now trying to figure out why each time I try to open up a working model made in 16 it crashes 17.  Just getting 17 set up today and so far its crashed on me quite a few times trying to open this file.   Seems to open fine with past versions fairly quickly at that.  2017 takes several minutes if it actually opens it, most often it doesn't.  Not a great start.  If this continues maybe Ill post file up

Go figure  the one working model id like to carry over and it doesn't want to cooperate.

Edited by HEengineering

Make sure you installed SP 2.

I also had files crashing when 2017 came, but these would also crash in (2016 ?).

I think it is a bit risky to do things like deleting unwanted but used Classes with the option

to convert potential elements to an other existing Class. That destroyed some of my Plugin objects

to a state that everything crashed until I finally found and eliminated the last of these bad elements.

I have no issue in 14/15/16 with this file for that matter.  One would think the newer version would be more effective at opening this file quickly.  The file itself is 98MB so its decent size, but when VW 17 tires to open it your talking 5-7 minutes of waiting to see if it will open. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. VW 16 opens in less than a minute.  Ill continue to trouble shoot it, maybe see if I can purge any unused items.

If you try to open a VW 2016 file in VW 2017 it will not normally open that file.

It will first convert it to a VW 2017 file. That takes much longer than just opening.

Similar like opening a Backup File needs more time than a drawing file.

You could try to batch convert one ore more 2016 files when you don't need VW,

and just give it some time and wait.

Edited by zoomer