Texture not showing in Open GL

Steve Nield

I have an object that the texture can only be seen if rendering in Fast Renderworks or Final Quality and not in OpenGL.  I have  checked the OpenGL settings and use textures is checked.   I have tried copying this object to a new empty file and it renders in OpenGL just fine.  Has anyone else encountered this ?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I think I have the same or a similar problem here. See description of the problem and instructions inside the attached file. Very strange behaviour: some textures show up, some not, depending on their absolute position. This file is also allready in the service select support-pipeline of Computerworks Switzerland (I think Mr. Moises) with no result yet. Thanks for any help.

Open GL Texture problem.vwx

@SwissMarc

A signature showing your system and vwx specs would be useful.

Couple things I found.

• OGL will render those invisible ImageProps if the Auto Rotate option is disabled.

• Moving the invisible Image Props closer to drawing origin allows them to render OGL. So, position does matter, as you note.  They are positioned prox -400,-500,-71 meters from origin.  That seems like it should not be far enough to cause the old "great distance from Origin" problems, but maybe medium distance from origin combined with insufficient graphics card this problem manifests?  I hope others with more robust system will test.

Good luck!

-B

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

@SwissMarc

A signature showing your system and vwx specs would be useful.

Couple things I found.

• OGL will render those invisible ImageProps if the Auto Rotate option is disabled.

• Moving the invisible Image Props closer to drawing origin allows them to render OGL. So, position does matter, as you note.  They are positioned prox -400,-500,-71 meters from origin.  That seems like it should not be far enough to cause the old "great distance from Origin" problems, but maybe medium distance from origin combined with insufficient graphics card this problem manifests?  I hope others with more robust system will test.

Good luck!

-B

Thanks Benson and Allen

Sorry, system/vwx specs were inside the vwx file in the instruction text, now I added a signature, see below - thanks for this suggestion. Thus I don't think it is my graphic card which isn't that bad.

Yes, turning auto rotate off makes textures visible again. But I need rotating textures, anywhere, independent of their position in the coordinate system. A fiew hundred meters is not much, I find.

anyway - JimW confirmed this issue as a bug VB-138160 in this thread: https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/47487-3d-plants-image-props-not-showing-up/

So hopefully this problem can be solved soon.

Edited by MarcU
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2016 at 10:55 PM, Steve Nield said:

I have an object that the texture can only be seen if rendering in Fast Renderworks or Final Quality and not in OpenGL.  I have  checked the OpenGL settings and use textures is checked.   I have tried copying this object to a new empty file and it renders in OpenGL just fine.  Has anyone else encountered this ?

Steve

Steve, we’re you rendering on the design layer by chance?