Lost Sheets, Hatches

I am using VW 10.2.1 on a Mac. I have lost saved sheets and hatches on a few occasions while working on a drawing. The lost resources continue to appear in lists and resources window but cannot be used. I cannot yet deduce the trigger.

Anyone encountered this before? Any ideas?

Did vectorworks ever have a tool that verifies, cleans up, recovers drawing files. It ought to.

Jason Koh

• 8 months later...

The same thing has just happened to me in VW11 - my Saved Views (saved sheets) have just disappeared.

I went to my backup copies (which were fine yesterday) and they have disappeared off those too.

As you say, if you go to Windows > Script Pallettes > Saved Sheets, you can still see your saved views, but can't access them.

Any advice from NNA?

What did you do in the file between the time you noticed them there and the time they were gone?

Did you import a Dxf/Dwg file, or any other file?

Did you export anything?

Did the program crash?

The only thing I did was close the file, go to Finder, copy it to a manual backup folder, rename it, and reopen it.

The Saved Views were gone, so I went back to the last draft of the file (we notch up a draft number for each significant amendment). This last file also had the Saved Views missing for some reason.

I closed the files, but I didn't quit Vectorworks during the Finder operations.

A note for your bug team - the script palette is still called 'Saved Sheets'.

• 5 months later...

We are a small architectural firm that has had the same problem happen with 3 users - all running Vectorworks 11.0.1 on Mac system 10.3.7. We notice that the saved views have disappeared when we open the file. Sometimes it is all the saved views, sometimes is just a few. The script pallete will open and show all of the saved views, but nothing happens when you double click them. We also tried to save down to Vectorworks 10, but the views are still missing. We have also tried to revert to saved but there is no change. Has any progress been made on this issue?!? We are losing alot of time reconstructing our drawing sets.