kufuffin

Copy + paste worksheet database header

Question

I am used to highlighting the entire database header, copying it, and then pasting it in the cell in column A of the row where I want it, row 12 for example.  This is no longer working.  Now it pastes the header starting in cell B 12, leaving A 12 blank.  I've also tried highlighting the entire row 12 then pasting, I get the same result.  Can someone advise I'm not looking forward to copy + pasting every single cell for 20 different headers.  Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Kind of seeing it here. This is what I am getting.

I Right Click in a Database Header Row (which selects the row headers plus all the columns) 

1. I select a blank spreadsheet row column A and Paste, I get an exact copy of the database and can then edit the criteria as necessary.

2. I select a different Database Header Row and Paste, I get a blank in Column A and all of the formulas shifted once cell to the right (what was A is now B, was B now C).  This to me is a bug.

3. If I select just the cells of the header row (eg. A through ZZZ)

3a. If I select Cell A of a new Database Header Row and Paste I get the correct formulas.

3b. If I select Cell A of a spreadsheet row and Paste I get the correct formulas.

I would submit the Case 2 as a bug and use Case 1 or Case 3 as your work around.

• Like 1

Yes, # 2 was my problem I was pasting into a row that already had a header.  Thanks for the work arounds!