German - English help translate issues

jah011

Hi all,

I'm new to VW community, Im coming from AutoCAD world, have been using it for 11 years and it grew up to me. Nevertheless , I moved to Germany started working in one nice firm that uses VW 2015---IN GEMAN.

So now, its not that I have to get accustomed to VW workflow but i have to do it in German. Im trying not to get frustrated but its not easy.

First, im trying to find term SYMBOLLINIE. Im using it to draw hydro insulation and its doing fine because you can show edges and you can snap to outer edges (im drawing details in 1:5 / 1:2). Still when i include it in symbol they disappear. I wanted to know more about those but I cant find it in english help.

We will be swithching to VW 2017 from 1.1.2017 so Im thinking to ask Directors to supply me with English version but im affraid it wont be possible as i think they have come contract with Computerworks... any thoughts about licencing? 

Thanks

Jan

Yes, that is not easy.

Feel free to ask about any terms.

As for "Symbollinie", it looks like it is one of the many special Tools that are only available

in the german localized VW edition and not available in the international VW.

Could find it as I have the german Demo on my machine and looked in help files.

http://vectorworks-hilfe.computerworks.eu/2017/index.htm#t=VW_2017_Handbuch_Vectorworks%2F24_VW_WerkzBef_S%2FVectorworks_57-.htm&rhsearch=symbollinie&rhhlterm=symbollinie&rhsyns=

Looks like it is similar to the special "property line". Something that will be drawn like a Polyline

but will array Symbols along that path.

I'm not firm enough with 2D Tools so you should also try to ask your question on the german Forum.

http://www.vectorworksforum.de/Forum-Vectorworks

There likely may be someone familiar with Symbollinien AND english speaking.