Camera match tool

Have just watched the camera match tutorial, what an awesome tool, had never seen it before.

My only query is that it shows fine in Open GL and hidden line, as soon as I change to final quality the objects disappear.

In a couple of attempts with copying and pasting VP and changing the render type, I got it to show but then showed all the vanishing point lines.

After ticking and unticking planar objects, the lines disappeared but so too did the objects.

Capture.PNG

Ah ok.

When I occasionally used such tools decades ago in other Apps,

The results calculated looked always wrong. When I did it manually by eye balling

and had a pleasing result, switched to back to tool's proposal it got worse.

I think that's because of distortions in the Background Images.

Nowadays Tools,

and as I learned from Pat's 2009 podcast, Matt's implementation since its release,

have some needed features and work far better as I tested lately.

Had no time to try VW Camera Match so far.

As it normally applies to a viewport, is there a way to extract a "physical" VW Camera Object from it ?

It is possible to place a physical version of the camera as determined by CameraMatch in your model.  With the CM Object selected in its viewport, near the bottom of the OIP there's an option to "Place RW Camera..."  (I've just found that, for whatever reason, after placing the Camera, Unified View might be turned off, even though it's still activated in the View menu; just attempting to uncheck it in the menu (View > Unified View) seems to resolve this...).

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Hey all - 

I went back and forth with tech support a few times.

The Interior Corner was not my issue.

My control lines were too close to each other and my verticals to dead vertical to each other.

Combined, these did not leave enough variables to correctly calculate my model.

for what its worth :)

The choice of the lines for the horizontals and verticals is absolutely vital. I have sketched over your image showing where I would have taken my red, green, and blue lines. I always try to keep my lines as far apart as possible in the length of the lines also has an impact. It is very easy to make an error with a short line but much more difficult to make an error with a longer line.

2017-08-29_6-38-17.png

• Like 1