Image props not visible

kufuffin

Question

I'm using the mandarin orange tree from the vwx library and It just shows the 2 crossed yellow planes with no image prop inside.  Yet when I edit 3D, the tree is there.  I've sent it to surface, checked classes, checked settings in OIP, made sure I'm in open GL.   I placed it in a new file and it's visible there.   Other image props also appear blank.  Am I missing something?  Thank you.  I'm editing to add: this file was created in vwx 2017 on November 14th, it's not a file that got converted from vwx 2016 version.

Edited by kufuffin

10 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Something is definitely up. It looks to be related with the conversion of files from previous versions to current, but simply copy/pasting all the image props in this file in my tests here only fixed some of them, copying them one at a time seemed to work but thats impractical.

There is a recently filed bug on this from tech support, adding this thread to the case. VB-138160

I was successful with batch converting the Osbreed VW 2013 Image Props into VW 2017.

No Problems in this case. Of course I had to open and re-save each file in VW 2017 again,

to get my large Previews for Resource Manager.

No proof that there aren't any IP's that would not work.

I don't find the Tree example mentioned here (have VW Architect only)

I tried some downloaded content and that worked too.

On 12/14/2016 at 1:53 PM, JimW said:

Something is definitely up. It looks to be related with the conversion of files from previous versions to current, but simply copy/pasting all the image props in this file in my tests here only fixed some of them, copying them one at a time seemed to work but thats impractical.

There is a recently filed bug on this from tech support, adding this thread to the case. VB-138160

Is there any new information on this issue? I'm still experiencing problems with image props working properly.