kufuffin

Image props not visible

Question

I'm using the mandarin orange tree from the vwx library and It just shows the 2 crossed yellow planes with no image prop inside.  Yet when I edit 3D, the tree is there.  I've sent it to surface, checked classes, checked settings in OIP, made sure I'm in open GL.   I placed it in a new file and it's visible there.   Other image props also appear blank.  Am I missing something?  Thank you.  I'm editing to add: this file was created in vwx 2017 on November 14th, it's not a file that got converted from vwx 2016 version.

Edited by kufuffin

10 answers to this question

I think the solution is to check if "Use Textures" is activated for OpenGL options.

If I deactivate Textures, mine appear in a decorative gray color.

Something is definitely up. It looks to be related with the conversion of files from previous versions to current, but simply copy/pasting all the image props in this file in my tests here only fixed some of them, copying them one at a time seemed to work but thats impractical.

There is a recently filed bug on this from tech support, adding this thread to the case. VB-138160

I was successful with batch converting the Osbreed VW 2013 Image Props into VW 2017.

No Problems in this case. Of course I had to open and re-save each file in VW 2017 again,

to get my large Previews for Resource Manager.

No proof that there aren't any IP's that would not work.

I don't find the Tree example mentioned here (have VW Architect only)

I tried some downloaded content and that worked too.

34 minutes ago, kufuffin said:

Hi Jim, this file dates back to November 14th and was made on the current version of vwx.

Same here from the stock libraries too, I'll add that info, thank you!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 1:53 PM, JimW said:

Something is definitely up. It looks to be related with the conversion of files from previous versions to current, but simply copy/pasting all the image props in this file in my tests here only fixed some of them, copying them one at a time seemed to work but thats impractical.

There is a recently filed bug on this from tech support, adding this thread to the case. VB-138160

Is there any new information on this issue? I'm still experiencing problems with image props working properly.

No change in the status yet, still being worked on.

This issue is really impeding progress moving forward. Any news?

Thanks,