martinfdc

Wall End Cap wrong Display in Hidden Line

Question

Hi,

I think this is a bug.

I draw a wall and to that wall I add a semicircle as a cap. It is displayed correctly in Top/Plan, Open Gl, but NOT IN HIDDEN LINE. It also does not display Hidden Line properly in a viewport.

I attach a few screenshots showing the problem.

End Cap in Top:Plan.png

OpenGL End Cap.png

Hidden Lines End Cap.png

7 answers to this question

I do personally, but it won't be accepted as a bug by engineering. I have it submitted as a wishlist item currently. Adding this thread to the case.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 10:34 AM, JimW said:

I do personally, but it won't be accepted as a bug by engineering. I have it submitted as a wishlist item currently. Adding this thread to the case.

Why would this not be a bug?  It is hard for me to believe that this would be the intended result. 

1 minute ago, Tom Klaber said:

Why would this not be a bug?

That was my sentiment as well. This is another of those "Works as Designed" followed by "It Was Designed Incorrectly" things I'm working to clean up the flow for.

'Worked as designed', makes it sound as if they went out of their way to produce that result.  I guess it's just the code, while technically containing no explicit errors, does not handle that situation correctly. In any case, seems like a distinction without a difference.

The term makes sense from an Engineer's perspective, but not ours as users. They are handed a task document and create features to fit those specifications. If that spec sheet didn't include a capability, it isn't a "Bug" and gets filed as a Wishlist item instead. I am working to try and get a sorting category with a higher priority for filed bugs that were marked WAD but totally should have included the missing ability/feature/mode from the start.