VW crash when sending to Vision

I have recently updated to VWsp2 and updated vision 2017 as well. After doing so, VW crashes when I run the menu command "send to Vision"  Also, when I try to change the fixture under the "fixture mode" is stays as "none" and does not bring up dialog window to allow for the correct fixture type to be selected.

I am running Mac 10.11.6 El Capitan and have not updated to Sierra yet.

I have tried previous files which operated correctly and opened new files to try a replicate the problems of which respond the same way.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Is there a good tutorial on fixture modes somewhere? My searches haven't turned anything up.

Also, when i go to edit the fixture mode in the OIP, the drop down is set to 'None' with "Other...' underneath, but when I click that, nothing pops up.

all of the symbols I am using are Vwx symbols.

UPDATE: -- 

I created a document with only an extrude, and an S4 36º, and even when exporting esc I get a crash, and I can't seem to figure out the fixture modes...

Edited by Stofamon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, Stofamon said:

Is there a good tutorial on fixture modes somewhere? My searches haven't turned anything up.

Also, when i go to edit the fixture mode in the OIP, the drop down is set to 'None' with "Other...' underneath, but when I click that, nothing pops up.

all of the symbols I am using are Vwx symbols.

UPDATE: -- 

I created a document with only an extrude, and an S4 36º, and even when exporting esc I get a crash, and I can't seem to figure out the fixture modes...

Also, make sure you update to at least sp2, preferably sp3 for both Vision and Vectorworks. On top of a bunch of bug fixes (like some fixtures not auto-populating a list), there are some huge render improvements. More info can be found here: