martinfdc

Error with Section Viewport - Curved Wall and Curved Slab

Question

Hi, I think this is a bug.

A Section Viewport cutting through a Curved Wall and a Slab (with a curved part) does not display the section properly. There is a gap between the Slab and the Curved Wall. 

I attach three images. One of the the model, the top/plan view, and another one of the Section Viewport.

Curved Wall and Slab.png

Top:Plan View of Curved Wall, Slab, and Section Marker.png

Section Error.png

9 answers to this question

@martinfdcHi go to the Viewport and click on advanced properties and display and bump up the 3D Conversion Resolution to Very High. This should fix the problem.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 1

Many thanks @Alan Woodwell ! That fixed my problem. Now the only problem I still have (but I think it's just how the program works) is that even though I have Merged Cross Sections, the Curved wall and Curved Slab are divided by a line. As you can see in my screenshot.

No Merged Cross Section.png

The line occurs because the objects are in fact separate and not intersecting. If you adjust the bounding edge of the slab touching the wall and make the bound to the outer face of the inner component you will get the desired result.

HTH

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

That works fine @Alan Woodwellbut don't you get a green part of your slab projecting in the inner side of your curved wall? Is there a way to not allow the green colour of your slab to be seen in the inner side of the curved wall? Without having to create a component for the curved wall...

@martinfdcHi, I just deleted the component of the wall and i get a line, maybe set it to the middle of the wall. What version of VW are you on so i can paste a file??

Yes set it to then middle of wall and works because there is an intersection of the two elements.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

@Alan Woodwell

I'm using VW 2017. It's weird that you're getting like two intersecting textures. I get a clean break between my textures but I don't get what I want in my section or when seen from below. Probably this problem in general is related to the thread I mention in my next answer.

I attach two images and the result i get of setting the wall edge offset to the Center of wall core.

seen from below.jpg

section when in middle of wall.png

Edited by martinfdc

Yes Must be a way to not have the line and butt the wall. The wall would normally have a slab/beam under as in the attached so it would look line the attached.

Capture.JPG