Worksheet Layout Rotation

Probably not but is their anyway to compile or rotate a worksheet from the vertical to the horizontal.  I"ve attached a snapshot of a part of a window schedule where I'm showing the images of the windows along with their corresponding ID.  It's quite tall though.  It would visually look better if it were horizontal.  Any thoughts, ideas, workaround folks?  Maybe I'd have to use a separate function calling out each ID separately?

ScreenHunter_184 Dec. 08 11.32.jpg

I've looked into this before, and you can't go horizontal with a database-based worksheet.

I wish you could, it would actually allow us to fully automate our opening schedules.  Our format for commercial projects is to do both a standard, non-graphic schedule, combined with a series of opening elevations showing each style of opening.  It's my least favorite sheet to create because on larger projects I have to create and edit a couple dozen small section viewports.

You can sort of do it.

I'll attach a simple example.  It uses a "secret" row to index and then concatenates just that cell in each column to pull the value to call for the window ID.

It will fall down and require some help if you skip a window ID number or have a non integer value for the window ID.

But if you don't do that, it only requires one time to set it up and it can be reused in future drawings.

hth

mk

Window_Schedule.vwx

21 hours ago, Markvl said:

I appreciate your thoughts @nrkuhl.  I've done a combination of your workflow too.  Having read that the image function was improved I thought I'd give it a go.  I just don't like the vertical format as it's to tall and to make the images smaller in mind is a plain useless exercise.

Got it, unfortunately I think it's a product of the worksheet database functionality, and unrelated to the image functionality.

@michaelk that's pretty neat!  Unfortunately one of the things we do with our opening schedules is show the dimension of the sill above AFF - which may preclude the use of worksheets altogether for our process, since the product is an image.