What are you working on?

Hi All,

I thought it would be interesting to know what people are working on. Obviously do not post if projects are under client confidentiality and are not in the public domain. O.o

Some work from my day job. This is Stage 1 of a masterplan. There we many challenges to overcome to achieve the brief of assisted passive ventilation. Demolition is underway, and looking to open for the start of 2018 school year. There are a number of details that are missing from this render (our client engaged the 3D artist), but it gets the idea across. A relief to see it underway. Cheers. :D

Edited by Diamond
  • Like 4

@RussU It was done externally of our studio. But whether it is Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, and so on, they all generally have access to the same render engines. It more to do with who is driving the machine.

Speaking of driving, it looks like your new build just bulldozed part of the 18th hole?

But if you are building the 19th hole, it looks like the existing path allows you to drive your cart right up under and park it at the bar. (I am sure I just lost most there with golfing jokes ;).).

Love the complex curved trusses. What is the roof cladding going to be?

• Like 2

I'll post a couple of the completed works when it's done. Wouldn't want to give away any secrets.

no cutting of ground needed by the way. I've a system of following the ground contours and levelling as we go. Absolutely no damage to the gold course at all!! It's proven pretty popular, especially when you find out you can drive a fully loaded heavy goods vehicle over it too. I think it's pretty unique to the UK and has just been rolled out in the Middle East by one of our partners.

ive never got into c4d, having been a 3ds and vray man for years... but I'll probably have to migrate soon. I like using render farms for my flythroughs. Takes minutes instead of days to render stuff these days.

im absolutely loving the way VW supports point clouds these days. I do a fair amount of photogrammetry and load it straight in. Great workflow.

Look at;

for an example. works on a very large scale, and a small scale too

https://youtu.be/8fjcUvIeo_E

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, RussU said:

I'll post a couple of the completed works when it's done. Wouldn't want to give away any secrets.

I look forward to it.

38 minutes ago, RussU said:

I've a system of following the ground contours and levelling as we go.

Are you using screw piles?

Is this building temporary or permanent?

38 minutes ago, RussU said:

I do a fair amount of photogrammetry and load it straight in. Great workflow.

Is that video of your work? What are you using to create the point cloud?

What software did you use to create the point cloud video? Is that from 3DS Max?

Cheers

Not at all. There's no damage to the ground at all. Temporary structure, it'll only leave a bit of yellow grass behind once we're done.

the videos are mine, yes. I'll perhaps do a post one day on how to create them.

in VW it imports the point cloud, but 3ds max needs a mesh.

the fly around you saw is about a mile long, by half mile, and I got all the data in 45 minutes. Much less than using a theodolite or total station. Also.. no lasers, all from photos.

although I can't work out a percentage accuracy in my head, each of the points is accurate to within 3mm, over a mile.

if you're interested I've got a couple of very nerdy videos I could post. (Heavy going, but if you're an enthusiast you might like them)

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RussU said:

if you're interested I've got a couple of very nerdy videos I could post. (Heavy going, but if you're an enthusiast you might like them)

If that is okay, I would love to see them. Especially now that Vectorworks can do this stuff with point cloud. Thanks.

19 hours ago, RussU said:

Not at all. There's no damage to the ground at all. Temporary structure, it'll only leave a bit of yellow grass behind once we're done.

the videos are mine, yes. I'll perhaps do a post one day on how to create them.

in VW it imports the point cloud, but 3ds max needs a mesh.

the fly around you saw is about a mile long, by half mile, and I got all the data in 45 minutes. Much less than using a theodolite or total station. Also.. no lasers, all from photos.

although I can't work out a percentage accuracy in my head, each of the points is accurate to within 3mm, over a mile.

Yes!

Teach me how you did that!

Thanks for that @RussU I suspected as much. Yes I would love to see a workflow.

Are you mounting the 5design on the drone? Must be a decent drone to carry the camera.

But that makes sense with the video and the individual shots you are taking from the air. As well as the shots you took of the door.

Thanks again. 

Nice. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to come out of the woodwork when i started this post. Thanks for posting.

I think I like the form of the taller one, with the colour of the smaller. But they do look great together. It is possible to have countersunk fixings to the legs on the taller model? That would be my only nitpick. But I like the way you are letting the material be what it is. Well done.

PS Are they both anodised? If I had to guess for the black model, it looks like it is polished inside with black powdercoated on the outside.

Edited by Diamond
1 hour ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

Thanks! @Diamond

The lamps are available in three colors (Champagne, Gold and Midnight blue), so a tall one in Midnight Blue is available as well.

They are both anodized. The inside looks like that because of the bright reflection of the lamp.

Very nice work indeed... lovely style.

how are you getting the power in? just to be nosey!