Callout Note Leader Line Angle Snapping

In VW2016 the leader line on the callout notes would snap to various angles as per the snapping pallete.

This is not working in VW2017.

Have tested with line work, text etc and they are all snapping to say 15° increments as set.

Is this a bug or is there another setting that has to be enabled for this to work...

Hmm im hoping its a bug haha.

Trying to get the line with arrow to be either 0° or 30°, however won't let me hold shift and draw straight.

The angle in the blue box as seen in attached image doesn't seem to relate to anything useful.

In the image the angle reads 41°, this isnt from horizontal, im guessing its from the original angle, which if unknown is not much use.

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just popped in to report that I've seen this issue from time to time, but that it comes and goes. I have never figured out what toggles the setting, but frustratingly, it seems to have toggled again this morning. It has occurred for me a few times even prior to VW2017, and it seems related to this report from 2014 which describes the same issue (or one very similar).

As you can can see in the attached screenshots, my leader snap angles are now relative to the tip of the leader, not the shoulder point. #2 is what I get after detoggling the "Angles relative to prior segment" setting.

If there's anything that can be done to reset this and prevent it from ever happening again, I'd love to know what it is. Thanks!

2017_05-17 Leader Angle Snap 1.PNG

2017_05-17 Leader Angle Snap 2.PNG

The multiple leader topic seems unrelated. That said, I tried it as an experiment and discovered something interesting - for supplemental added leader lines, the snap point becomes the (0,0) page origin. That definitely doesn't seem right.

2017_05-17 Leader Angle Snap 3.PNG

(5/25/2017 Update: When I use "Add Leader Line" today, it doesn't snap to anything, whether I hold down Shift or change my Snap to Angle settings. If I create more than one additional leader all at once, the first one doesn't snap at all and then each subsequent one snaps to the previously picked point. This is different and seems less wrong than snapping to the origin, but it still doesn't seem right.)

Edited by Bret
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
37 minutes ago, Bret said:

I haven't figured out how to toggle this off, and it's becoming quite an annoyance while trying to get some detailing done this morning.

@JimW, is there anything I can do or send in which might be helpful in figuring out what's going on?

If its happening right now or you can replicate it reliably, tech@vectorworks.net is your best bet, they will likely ask for the file as well as the below from your machine: