Worksheet Frustration

Markvl

I want to love working with worksheets.  I want to make my models give me information to make estimating easier.  I find it frustrating though when I take a worksheet that I've put together

essentially in another file/model and drop it in a new one only to find I'm getting "0" returns from many of the items I want measurements from.  I should be able to drag and drop as it were or

rather cut and paste a worksheet from one file into another and voila.  I haven't changed my walls, classes or layer structures.  I've had this before in another file taking a worksheet from one model to the next,

and had to fiddle with the formulas, meaning coming up with other routes to get the same result and somewhere while doing this there is like a strange refresh that happens because of using a different formula and many of the items where I was getting a "0" return came up with the actual numbers.  Hard to explain.  Its similar to how there have been problems with items showing correctly in the resource browser but only after having opened the file and resaved it and given the browser a refresh.  Only I don't know what that might be for a worksheet.  Something is not connecting between the worksheet formulas and the files data.

Any help would be appreciated.

One added note.  The worksheet was taken from a file built in 2016, opened in 2017 and copied over to a new 2017 file.

Edited by Markvl

If you just need a place to rant, we are glad to listen. If you want help, we need more information. This could be bugs or it could be operator error. Until you either upload the 2016 file, or at least show us the before and after criteria/fomulas, there is very little we can tell you to make it better for the next time. I would be glad to take a look, but I have not seen the issue. Unless we can recreate it, it is very hard to solve.

I'm currently investigating it right now as I'm wondering if there is a slight difference somewhere that is easy to overlook.

File size at the moment is prohibitive.  I was hoping that maybe someone has had a similar experience.

I may try posting a smaller file later.