Rigid Insulation Tool or Hatch, v2013

I guess that would be the work around, thanks so much you guys for all your time and help.

Can I ask one last unrelated question?

I recently started using v2013 up from v12 - annoying thing happens when I trim lines as I often do when drawing sections, when I draw a construction line to trim something,the rectangles I draw to represent rim joist and plates etc that touch the trim line also get altered from a rectangle to a polyline and I lose that side of the rectangle - super annoying.  I cant seem to find a setting or something that stops this from happening.  Only thing I can think of is to temporarily remove the rectangles while I trim - a real PITA.  If I am not being clar - I have attached a sequence of screen shots to show what I mean.

Thanks in advanceScreen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.27 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.49 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.15 AM.jpg

1 hour ago, Kerschbaumer said:

I guess that would be the work around, thanks so much you guys for all your time and help.

Can I ask one last unrelated question?

I recently started using v2013 up from v12 - annoying thing happens when I trim lines as I often do when drawing sections, when I draw a construction line to trim something,the rectangles I draw to represent rim joist and plates etc that touch the trim line also get altered from a rectangle to a polyline and I lose that side of the rectangle - super annoying.  I cant seem to find a setting or something that stops this from happening.  Only thing I can think of is to temporarily remove the rectangles while I trim - a real PITA.  If I am not being clar - I have attached a sequence of screen shots to show what I mean.

Thanks in advanceScreen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.27 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.49 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.29.15 AM.jpg

There is a setting in the split command to only trim the selected objects rather than all objects.  If that was not available in 2013 - then you can add back the missing part of the shape by making sure the "Closed" box is checked in the OIP.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 11.07.33 AM.png

22 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

There is a setting in the split command to only trim the selected objects rather than all objects.  If that was not available in 2013 - then you can add back the missing part of the shape by making sure the "Closed" box is checked in the OIP.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 11.07.33 AM.png

Yeah - that doesnt exist in 2013 but thanks for the tip on the 'closed' button.  Yeesh - boggles my mind that every release version they do some good things but undo others - adding in extra key strokes - the bain of my existence

2 hours ago, Markvl said:

@Kerschbaumer

I'm a little surprised that this option hasn't been given.  How about using a tile.  I've attached a file with a couple of them.  One with colour the other not.

Easy to modify the geometry and easy to rotate as well with just a few adjustments.  Check it out.

ScreenHunter_183 Dec. 08 08.23.jpg

Rigid Insulation v2013.vwx

Thanks for that - seems to work real well - and what limited skills I do have I can change colour of a hatch.

Thanks again.