Zoom by Scroll wheel Problems

zoomer

Question

3 answers to this question

@zoomer - Tested your file on my laptop. Scroll wheel zoom is very laggy.  But I think the lag is related to the preselection highlighting.  If cursor hovers on the wall object during zoom, the scroll zoom is very laggy and the highlight blinks on/off.  If I turn off preselection highlighting, the lag is slightly less, but is not defeated.  If the cursor is not on or near the wall, zoom with scroll wheel is not very laggy.  I'm guessing that VWX trying to do more than my graphics card can handle.

Notes:

1.  Earlier today, my trusty Logitech M325 lost all scroll wheel input.  Since the M325 was too expensive ($14 - sarcasm) at the office store. I decided to  purchase a Logitech M185 ($9).  Scroll works OK in VWX, but wheel is segmented, very stiff and it makes a kind of scratchy noise when turned.  Shoulda captured another M325.

2.  A new Mac touch bar laptop in the house runs Sierra (My machine is still on Yosemite). Sierra disabled the scroll wheel zoom - we tested 4 different mice. Mac settings can't fix it. We added Steer Mouse to that laptop. Scrolling is much better, but still just a little jerky.

Edited by Benson Shaw
clarity
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot Benson,

until now I thought I would be the only one having problems.

I was happy that the problems occur in that simple example, helped by the Curtain Walls being quite "unique".

I have that in normal working files complexity all the time when hovering over any element.

No matter which OpenGL performance setting.

I think it did not have that for SP 0-1 (?)

Deactivating ALL selection highlighting does not help for me.