Vectorworks 2014 + Mac Os X Sierra

Hi.

I tried to look around the forum, and i found only 2 or 3 comments mentioning that 2014 more or less works on sierra.

I am reluctant to update my MacBook Pro from Mavericks to Sierra, as i fear that i couldn't use my Vectorworks any more. 

And unfortunately - since sierra is out - it is impossible to get a hold of El Capitan.

Thank you for your help, best

alexandra

4 hours ago, alexandra said:

And unfortunately - since sierra is out - it is impossible to get a hold of El Capitan.

I don't know whether or not upgrading to El Capitan using Vw2014 is wise in your situation, but it is still possible to download El Capitan from the Apple App Store:

Upgrade to OSX El Capitan

I would not advise upgrading to Sierra unless you are also going to upgrade to Vw2017, as that is the only version of Vectorworks fully compatible with Sierra.

Edited by rDesign

thank you but my computer ist not eligible to this el capitan download. it is only for older machines who cannot run sierra.

upgrading to VW2017 costs a lot of money and for now i would like to stick with VW 2014. 

so - either i find out if VW 2014 works ok-ish on Sierra (I am not a hard-core user)

or - i find an El Capitan i can use.. hmmm...

• 6 months later...

hello. i got some news on this one. i was able to install VW 2014 onto sierra, and so far it works fine.

only thing not working: i cannot install the service packs.. for whatever reason.. kind of annoying.

it unpacks the file.. and when i double click to install.. the process dies right away.

i mainly use vectorworks fundamentals for 2d plans and plan layout (style sheets), so i cannot tell you about any 3D stuff working or not.

but it installed fine and runs ok for me.

3 hours ago, alexandra said:

hello. i got some news on this one. i was able to install VW 2014 onto sierra, and so far it works fine.

only thing not working: i cannot install the service packs.. for whatever reason.. kind of annoying.

it unpacks the file.. and when i double click to install.. the process dies right away.

I experienced something similar when I tried to install Adobe CS 6 on macOS Sierra and these instructions might be able to help you install Vw2014 Service Packs on Sierra. Just a thought.

Edited by rDesign
  • 11 months later...