VP drawing title colours

J. Wallace

Question

I may have incorrectly posted this under general. Re posting here.

I've just started using VW2017 since it received it's SP2 patch. I'm working on a drawing and creating some viewports and was surprised to see that VP now automatically have a drawing title assigned to them. I don't see any way to adjust these or not have one if that is preferred.  More importantly I have three VP's which have three different coloured labels...all VP are assigned to the none class. Any help is appreciated.

vp.png

7 answers to this question

Hi am pretty sure there is a tick box top left when you export the viewport for title or not.

also you can edit he title from the OIP without upending the annotations.

Best part about using these is if you have a series of viewport and you change the drawing number from where they come from all the numbers are automatically updated, its wonderful.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Absolutely right Alan. What confused me was that the Create Drawing Title box is usually blank by default but at at times unexpectedly checked without any apparent action on my part. Hence the need to remove the unwanted drawing title in the viewport's annotation mode. I would have to do some investigation to identify why the box is at times checked but alas time does not permit. :(

Thanks for the tip on strategically using the Create Drawing Title box.

Yes it annoying most times that under the time constraints placed on us in most offices we revert back to what is safe for us and what we know, but I find everyday there is something that someone has provided and thought through when creating the program is useful and can save lots of time, you just have to spend the time to know how to use as may of the tools as possible available to us.

Bosses are always interesting in the result not the process. Just hope you don't get a 'Seagull Manager' (http://changingminds.org/disciplines/leadership/articles/seagull_management.htm) or a 'Post Hock Manager' (http://changingminds.org/disciplines/leadership/articles/post-hoc_management.htm)

• Like 2