Screen Plane and Working Plane "jumping"

Although I work totally in 3D, I never use the "Working Plane" mode except in rare occasions. In my document preferences, however, even though I choose "Screen Plane Only," it doesn't "stick." I constantly have to go back and reset it. It continuously jumps to "Working Plane Only." I think this is a well known bug, so was wondering if had been fixed for v2017 (along with all the associated problems such as inaccurate views in symbol edit windows, but that's another post). Thanks to all you early adaptors!

MHBrown

MH, the one circumstance I know of that causes this problem is editing the crop in a sheet layer viewport.  Every time I do that, I go into document preferences and change the plane mode back to "screen plane only".  Verified for version 2016 and earlier, I haven't installed my 2017 version yet.

On 03/12/2016 at 2:54 AM, MHBrown said:

Although I work totally in 3D, I never use the "Working Plane" mode except in rare occasions.

Hi, you have my attention! how do you use the pushpull tool or draw on the side face of a sloped object or use the automatic working plane if you mostly draw in screen plane. If you draw a rectangle you can't lay it over and push pull it. If you do then I am interested in the process to learn something new.

Thanks

To Alan,

If I need to draw on an angled face, that is a "rare occasion" where I use the Working Plane mode to view something straight on. It seems only really useful in limited ways because there are so few commands that recognize you are in that orientation. If I use the keypad for front, left, right, etc. It just reverts to the screen plane...even if I've chosen "working plane only" or "Screen Plane or Working Plane." There may be a way to use it, but it doesn't make sense to me. I never use the push-pull tool. I'm not even sure what it is. Generally, if I want to make an angled side of something I draw its side view on an angle and then extrude it.

MHBrown