Landscape Areas Texture Bed Rendering

lisagravy

Hi there,

I have created a site model in Landmark / Renderworks, and created a series of polygons which I converted to 'Landscape Areas' set to render as texture beds, and sent to surface. 

I can see these clearly in top / plan view, but in any flyover or render view I they disappear - even in final renderworks render settings! 

Can anyone help me with what I'm missing? 

Thanks,

Lisa

I find texture beds to be quite tricky. Here's my procedure:

• Create landscape area (this could be a hardscape or other texture bed)
  • Open up the landscape area settings and ensure that the texture bed setting is set (I'm sure you have done this)
  • While the landscape area is selected click on the render tab and ensure the texture you want is selected. Avoid using class texture.
  • Under Landmark/send  to surface, while in top plan
  • Update site model...while in top plan (doesn't seem to work otherwise so this might be a bug)

PS if I do the above procedure in anything but top plan it doesn't work in fact my landscape area turns into a 3d loci. Hope that helps.

This procedure seems to work for all texture bed applications (hardscape, and texture bed site modifiers)

LA.png

LA.png

LA1.png

LA2.png

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/2/2016 at 12:02 PM, lisagravy said:

Hi there,

I have created a site model in Landmark / Renderworks, and created a series of polygons which I converted to 'Landscape Areas' set to render as texture beds, and sent to surface. 

I can see these clearly in top / plan view, but in any flyover or render view I they disappear - even in final renderworks render settings! 

Can anyone help me with what I'm missing? 

Thanks,

Lisa

I have this exact same problem - I have looked down the forum and tried everything that people have said but it still doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have anymore suggestions? I'm using Vectorworks Landmark 2020

• 1 month later...

@parveenkd

A checklist of things I try when they don't work:

• Refresh site model by clicking 'Update'
  • Make sure site model is showing 'proposed' not 'existing'
  • Make sure site model is set to read 'all layers' in site model settings > general > use site modifiers on > 'All Layers'
  • Change texture bed to 3D poly, update model, then change back to texture bed. Sometimes resetting it seems to make it work
  • Make sure the class the texture bed is on or the render settings of your texture bed, has a texture. If there is no texture, just a fill colour or outline colour, it wont show as a texture bed in 3D.
  • Make sure all the layers and classes the texture beds and site model are one, are visible. Texture beds are only visible in 3D when the site model is on.
  • Make sure all of your texture bed is on the site model and not hanging off it. If it goes beyond the boundaries of the site model, it may not work.

This is all I can think of for now. Please correct me if anything I have said is incorrect. I hope this helps!

Edited by Cara2