Crash when editing text call outs

RussU

Question

Easy to replicate.

Make a call out text.... double click, edit the text.

ctrl-drag to duplicate... double click new one to edit... as soon as you edit the text, straight crash to desktop... 100% of the time on a few files I have.

PC. Win8.1 64bit. VW 2017 SP2

edit: This was not introduced with a service pack, but was on initial relase and sp1 as well...

11 answers to this question

Hello,

I just started having this issue.  I'm labeling a number of tables for a seating layout and it crashes directly to the desk top.  I'm having to save in between each adjustment.

I have tried resaving the file, purging, removing unused design layers to make the file size 132mb as opposed to the 536mb it was originally.

I have about 210 text boxes in the file, and the same number of 3D table objects.  All of which need to stay in the document.

A couple things that I have noticed with this:

it happens seemingly when I double click on a new text box to edit it.  If I let the file just sit open it won't just crash on its own.

the back up files are far smaller than the actual file.  main file is 536mb and back up some how ends up as 36mb.  When I save directly the full file size is saved.

The crash time varies, it is not always the first box I try to edit.  Sometimes its the 7th, sometimes its the 23rd but inevitably it does does crash.

I'm running VW 2017 SP2 (Build 338823)

my machine is:

macOS 10.12.3 l MacPro (mid 2012) l 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon l 24 GB RAM l Nvidia GeForce GT120 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti (3 monitor set up)

Edited by VectorNinja82
On 12/7/2016 at 3:07 AM, RussU said:

Yes.... Also, I've noticed that if you duplicate the call out, and then save the file, close it... reopen it, you'll get the same crash.

I'm now hitting ctrl-s before every call out edit!!!

We have been experience similar difficulties and crashes with callouts lately. Fixes immanent?

Whenever I make changes to the text of a callout VW crashes on me... the kicker is that it only happens with callouts that are oriented between 270 degrees and 0 degrees and only when there is more than 1 line of text. I have no problem creating new callouts, or editing callouts with a single line of text.

Im interested to see if anyone has encountered this issue, or if anyone can reproduce it!