Can't select a viewport with the mouse

greentea

Question

I am having an issue selecting viewports.  When I hover over the viewport the mouse does not change to the white pointer.  The pointer stays black and doesn't recognize the viewport in order to select it. It will snap to the items in the viewport however. The only way I have found to select a viewport (to move it, edit crop, annotations etc.), is to drag a box around the entire viewport.  It will then let me move with the move command, but it will not let me select and drag it with the mouse.

Sidenote, I updated to 2017 SP2 this morning, however I have been experiencing this prior to do so.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, JimW said:

If you create a new blank document, place a few rectangles in it, then create a viewport of those rectangles, does it behave the same way or are you able to select/move it as expected? If so, I can take a look at your file and see what's going on.

Thanks JimW.  In a new blank file, it behaves normally.  ie, I am able to select the viewport and move it.  How do I share offending the file with you?

13 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Check your Class Options are set to Show/Snap/Modify Others. If you Viewport is in a different class you could get this effect.

Thanks Pat.  I tried this, but alas it didn't help.  The viewport is in the none class, with none class being the active class and Show/Snap/Modify others on.