Creating a Sheet List

Tom Klaber

Question

12 answers to this question

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey Tom,

I couldn't get it to "see" my border either.  I've typically just created my own Record Format and Worksheet that "pulls" the Drawing List info (file attached).  I'll submit a bug for the "built in" one.

Wes

Drawing List.vwx

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.09.51 PM.png

Edited by Wes Gardner

OK - New Problem.

I have a Multi-line sheet title.  This works fine with auto-coordination.  The top line coordinates - and the next two are there if needed.  But this does not schedule.  When I create the schedule a weird thing happens - the database header pulls the sheet title - and it reports the top line as expected and wanted but it displays the 3rd line in the actual table.   Below is a screen shot to illustrate what is happening.  

It looks like sheet list is going to stay manual for the moment.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.25.38 PM.png

As you said, it is a multi-line field. The worksheet is importing all three lines. Depending on what you need, there are a few options.

1. Change the Row Height so that all three rows will show

2. Change the Row Vertical Alignment. By default it is General and you get the bottom of the data. Change it to Top and you will get the top line.

3. Create a custom Worksheet Script that will take the multi-line text and concatenate it back to a single row, possibly with some kind of separator.

I'm so confused!!!

This should be easy.  BIM 101.  But it's not. :-)  It's like you need a BIM PhD (or a degree in computer science) to figure this one out.  :-)

Is the list pulling from the Layer Sheet Names and Numbers or From the Title Block?  Is there any documentation as to how it is supposed to work?  I tried pulling in Wes's Worksheet, and tailoring it to our TB Record format.  I tried creating my own report.  All to no avail.  Manual drawing list here we go!

Edited by cberg

11 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Total lazy workaround for sheet list:

1 - Activate the Navigation Palette, Sheet Layer tab

2 - Take a screen shot of the area showing the sheet numbers and sheet titles

3 - Paste the image onto the sheet displaying the sheet list.

4 - Revisions? New screen shot. Paste.

-B

Exactly how we do it!

Untitled.jpeg

and how does it work in 2018? there's no other report than the custom one, and the space finish one. 

i can't pull the sheet name from the sheet border record, as it doesn't contain neither the name nor the sheet title... the records seem to not work for sheets, but only for viewports.

thanks for any clue. the more automatic, the better...

So the way I do it is to create a database of:

Type: Is: Title Block Border

Field value: ISSUE NAME(Custom Boolean Field Value I Add For Every Issue) = TRUE

I then have columns for every custom Issue Field that then displays if that sheet was issued.  Because I need the true-false - I do not have a REVISED state - but its better than nothing.  It is still fairly manual as you have to go and select sheet by sheet which will be included - but at least the sheet list then matches the print list. 

5a8f18cf9ad31_AutomatedSheetList.thumb.PNG.6f7bd1c22ea6eca3905b3a425877e3d8.PNG

Edited by Tom Klaber