ericjhberg

Can't Edit or Add New RW Texture in Resource Manager 2017

Question

When trying to add a renderworks texture from a custom image or edit an existing texture from the resource manager in VW2017, nothing happens. I can't get to the normal dialog box that controls textures.

Ideas?

9 answers to this question

What operating system are you using and on which service pack of Vectorworks 2017? I am unable to reproduce this on macOS 10.12 with 2017 SP2.

Yes, if Renderworks had disappeared you would not be able to get at the Edit Texture dialog from the Resource Manager.

I went back to 2016, created the texture, and then imported into a 2017 file. It came in and once it was there, I could edit it. But now the editor looks like this...

Screenshot_3.jpg

That looks like you are still having an issue with Renderworks, either part or all of it is nonfunctional or missing. Make sure to get in touch with tech support directly.

I am having this same issue - I think. I double click on the texture in the resource manager but no dialogue box opens allowing me to edit the texture. I am using VW 2017 spotlight - MacOS Sierra

Is there another way to edit an existing texture in the resource manager? 

1 hour ago, VaughnS said:

I am having this same issue - I think. I double click on the texture in the resource manager but no dialogue box opens allowing me to edit the texture. I am using VW 2017 spotlight - MacOS Sierra

Is there another way to edit an existing texture in the resource manager? 

Double clicking a texture only applies it to any selected objects. The only way to edit a texture through the RM is to right click the thumbnail and choose "Edit".

• Like 1