Sheet numbers not updating

RussU

Question

Hi everyone... does anyone else experience this?

I like to detail out lots of different structural items, such as columns and beams... My workflow is to design a frame and have each member as a symbol... Then I reference the symbols into a new file, one member on each design layer (of the same name) B1, B2, C1,C2 and so on...

I create a drawing with a border on a sheet layer, "C 1" (inserting  a space as they can't have the same exact name) lay up all my dimensions and hole diams etc... then I duplicate the sheet many times into C 2, C 3, and so on.

Trouble is, all the sheets still show the initial "C 1" drawing number in the border.. so I end up with a lot of different C 1 sheets.

To correct this, I need to double click on each sheet border and click ok, and then it updates correctly.

There is also an issue with the drawing numbers also. on the first sheet, they're all numbered sequentially, but in duplicated sheets, they all have the same number.... example, front view is 1, side is 2 and so on... on the duplicated sheet, all the viewports have the same drawing numbers... ie lots of drawing numbered 7 or something.

I do have auto drawing number co-ordination on, but this workflow seems to break it some how...

Any ideas of a fix?

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, RussU said:

... then I duplicate the sheet many times into C 2, C 3, and so on.

Trouble is, all the sheets still show the initial "C 1" drawing number in the border.. so I end up with a lot of different C 1 sheets.

To correct this, I need to double click on each sheet border and click ok, and then it updates correctly.

Its a bug.

41 minutes ago, RussU said:

There is also an issue with the drawing numbers also. on the first sheet, they're all numbered sequentially, but in duplicated sheets, they all have the same number.... example, front view is 1, side is 2 and so on... on the duplicated sheet, all the viewports have the same drawing numbers... ie lots of drawing numbered 7 or something.

It's also bug. The drawing numbers shouldn't change when you duplicate a sheet.

I have posted about them here before. One here - 

And one here - 

Both appeared a couple of SPs into VW2016 and have carried across into VW2017. They still remain in SP2.

@JimW these are filed as bugs, aren't they?

Kevin

• Like 1
23 hours ago, JimW said:

Yes, looks like theyre still active too.

There's anothoer issue too... is it part of the same bug report?

Detail viewports and section viewports.... the dwg number is ok, but if you rename/re-number the sheet layer, the callouts still display the old sheets until you go to the call out OIP and go dwg only, and back to sheet... then it updates.

Might it be easier to have a "update sheet and viewport numbers" button which forces either a sheet-wide or file-wide check and update? or a context menu for the same?

• Like 1